Tuesday 15 November 2011

Actor Profiles

These are profiles on the actors we will be using.  



The Artist

Name: Martin Filani
Age: 17
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Ethnicity: Black British




 The reason for choosing our main artist as a Black British male, was because I wanted to reinforce the conventions of  theR&B genre of having a Black male lead. As my video follows the conventions of the R&B genre from the 80's/90's, where it is based on the relationship/romance between a boy and a girl, I recognised that most of my audience would be female, so using an attractive male lead would gain more attention.

This is the weekly timetable of our main artist, I attained this so we would know the times he is available for filming.





The Girl

Name: Masuda Khatun
Age: 17
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Ethnicity: Bangladeshi

The reason that I chose a muslim Bangladeshi female to be the main girl in our music video, is because I wanted to challange the representations of women in the music videos of R&B males. Despite R&B female singers portraying themselves as strong and powerful women, when women are featured in male videos, they are always presented as inferior and objects for men to look at. In addition to my portrayal of an independant women, I decided to represent the more modern and westernised muslim Bangladeshi women by displaying my actress as the love interest in my video. To add to this, as my video would be following the more romantic side of R&B, I decided that using an attractive female was important to gain a male audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment